Friday, April 30, 2010

What categories/advice would you like to see in a high school guide book for all teens?

I'm an aspiring author and although I look foreward to writing something more fictional when I get out of college I've decided that writing a book for my peers helping them with their everyday lives would be a lot of fun. A lot of the guide books for high school are written by psychologists that don't seem to understand the drama that today's teens face and although I'm planning on consulting a counselor of two as well as many adult figures, I want the books to be majorly influenced by teenagers and their stories/advice. The question is what would you guys like to see in the book?What categories/advice would you like to see in a high school guide book for all teens?
The real deal.


I'd like to see stories about having sex in high school, considering at least HALF do, and how the abstinence programs do not work, they actually make it more likely for teens to have sex.


Also, a couple of stories about large house parties, how scary it is to see someone OD, etc. (one of my friends died at a house party when I was a 9th grader)What categories/advice would you like to see in a high school guide book for all teens?
hey. i'm a teenager, and i would like to see 'stories' about self injury in more books like the one you are planning on writing. it's a taboo subject, and i think it would help clear the misconceptions about it, and i know for a fact, as a self injurer myself, that many teens suffer from it.


good luck with your book!


x
Well depending on how in depth you want your book to be. You can cover things about how to deal with a break up or rejection (every teenager deals with that). How to deal with divorce, the mystery meat in the cafeteria... You can go in many directions.
I think funny or embarrassing stories from past students would be really good; I would read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment