Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need to know where to find good advice for my teen who is about to move out and has no clue.Can anyone help?

He is going to be 18 in July and is insistant that he moves to Idaho with his girlfriend. We have had hours of talking and trying to explain how things are in the real world. For goodness sake he cant even drive yet (he's scared). He' just not ready! He has no job. Why can't I get through to him?I need to know where to find good advice for my teen who is about to move out and has no clue.Can anyone help?
Sometimes you just need to let a child make decisions on his own, and there's only so much you can say before he does what you've feared the most. Well just let him know that you're here for him and that you care before he goes. He just might need to experience things on his own. If he gets desperate he'll ask for help.I need to know where to find good advice for my teen who is about to move out and has no clue.Can anyone help?
hmm. ... he wont listen to u right now... r u in good terms with his girlfriend... i ask so because he'll currently only listen to her... and if u r not, then.. try being friends with her first, and talk to her... she'll put some sense in his head.. i agree with ur view, i can even bet if he moves out without a job, this relationship will not survive... be diplomatic, ur son is not listening to u, and listening to his girlfriend.. thats good for u, let his girlfriend be ur friend... she'll make him understand what u want him to understand... dont worry... well, i know u still be... anyways, u can always get back :)
I know you have never been very happy about the idea of your son and I being together. However I am asking that you not worry as much as you have been. Of course he doesn't have a job right now, he wouldn't right away when he moves here. However we both know he's capable. He'll also be finishing school. We have talked about this for a long time. After four years of communication over the phone we begin to talk about everything. Those four years have been hard and most the time lacking any support from you. Sadly making this even more difficult on us. Things can and will work, your son will stay in contact with you. He's not going to jump off the face of the earth. I am perfectly okay with talking to you more when I am there, the only thing I ask for is an open mind. He knows you love him. He's worried about hurting you, but he also has been wanting to live with me for a long time. This is why I would never try to stop him from, e-mails, phone calls, and visits. Family is important. Now, I will discuss more with you when I'm there and I hope it makes things a little easier on you.





Sincerly,


';His girlfrend';
sit your teenager down and let them know there,re rent, light bill, water bill,food, clothes, and personal items like soap,toothpaste,tissue,etc. maybe they will get the picturte.
i know that it is hard sometimes with our children, but sometimes you just have to let go and let them make their own mistakes. this is what experience is for. there is no one person for you to get for him to get help or advice. he is of legal age and can do whatever he wants to do. just know that you have done a great job in teaching him the things in life that he needs to know....now it is time for him to trust and rely on that fact.
Cut him off completely and accept him back when he fails
Let him go , mom! He has to find out for himself. My son is now 22, works, drives, and serious girl, and I can't get him out. I know it is hard, but at least he has intiative! JUST MAKE SURE YOU ALSO EXPLAIN.....'; This is your decision, don't call in a couple months looking for money, or to bail you out! Your old enough to decide, you are old enough to deal with your decisions. I LOVE YOU! Good Luck!';
Mom... You know I love you... And I know you worry about me. I can understand why you worry about me... But, please... Believe in me... I can do this. I can show you...that I won't fail... Even though it's hard for you to see it in me, believe that I can. My future relies on this... Even if you think there won't be a future for me, there. I will show you that I can make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment