Friday, January 8, 2010

Christian advice for desperate teen? Please only christians who attend church or do something along those line

I have been having mixed feelings about this but I want to play football but I'm not to sure if God is closing doors or if it's just a challenge I have to overcome. I want to play football. I'm overweight, out of shape, I believe I have natural streght that only needs to be worked out, I'm discouraged from doing this, I went to a practice and it felt liked it killed me(I didn't return to it but I think it was me lacking faith that God would help me), I have people who support me, I go to church, I try to read my Bible every day, and I don't know how to do the practices or how to plat but I have an uncontrollable hunger to play. I want to be a defensive lineman. My question is what do you think of this and do you think our God in Heaven is pulling my heart into this direction. FYI I have been baptized and saved in a baptist church and I'm 16. So please help. Jesus Loves and Adores.Christian advice for desperate teen? Please only christians who attend church or do something along those line
One thing I have learned is that GOD doesn't give you what you can't handle. I have done many athletics in my time. I wasn't the biggest, strongest, fastest or healthiest. By the grace of GOD, I over came my fear, pain and feelings of hopelessness and went on to practice and made the teams. My determination in doing what I loved and the effort I gave my team made a difference. Encouragement to my teammates( because I was a bench warmer for basketball) helped them play better. I didn't win more than 5 swim races,but finished high enough to help my TEAM make it to state. My teammates helped me get into better shape and with my home work. Those little lessons in life have helped me more than my congregation at that age. Until I got involved in our churches youth volleyball league. GOD opens many doors for us and we need to ask for his help to walk through them. He knows what lessons we learn on the other side of that door. And those lessons make us better people, not just better Christians.Christian advice for desperate teen? Please only christians who attend church or do something along those line
its a challange you have to overcome, god placed it there for this purpose
Just pray to God for guidance and strength to get through the practices. I know how football practices can be....they're not easy for any of us even the ones in tip top shape, the practices aren't supposed to be a walk in the park, and chances are if it killing you, it's killing others as well. Remember God helps those who help themselves. Good luck, God bless.
Dear truefire1, In my 44 years of facing adversity and challenges, it's been the times where I've handed these challenges over to God that I've experienced the most success. By ';success';, I don't mean to say that the end result is what I wanted. In fact, many times the end result is the opposite of what I hoped for in the outcome. Then, lo and behold, days weeks or months later, it was revealed to me that how things happened were all for the best. In your search to discover if playing football should be part of your journey, hand it all over to God. If things are pointing you in that direction, then follow. If every time you involve yourself in something football related, no matter how difficult or painful, and it feels right, if it feels like you're putting a round peg into a round hole, then God is giving you his OK that you're doing the right thing. Like any loving parent, God wants us to be our best. He wants us to be our healthiest and strongest. He knows that when we care for ourselves physically, we are less likely to succumb to weaknesses. Maybe, football is calling to you as a vehicle for you to improve yourself physically AND mentally. What ever comes of this challenge, I wish you the very best! Being 16 can be difficult in and of itself. God's peace and grace, kimmer
MUSLIM ANSWERING THIS QUESTION. i think that is possible that football is a motivation for you to take control of the health in your life. i think you should hold off on trying out for teams and spend some time doing endurance training so that you know your body will be able to handle the demands of practice, training, and playing.
OK get into shape the only way you can be an athlete is to be in shape (look at pro wrestlers, and that is fake.) It is written in the Bible that.... God helps he who helps himself.... so help yourself to the daily workouts and listen to the coaches scream all day (it really is the only way you will hear them outdoors, they ain't mean in high school.)





You did not give your age, but I assume you are in high school. Go talk to the coach, and listen to him!!!! God will be there for you when you really need Him. He will be there watching when you don't. Trust God above all else. Trust your coaches and pay attention, they want you to succeed both in school and on the field.





As for the coaches they will help you get in shape and build up the muscles you need to for football. Also take Track and Field in the off season, the work outs will keep you in shape all year.
Hi, how awesome that a teenager loves God and wants like minded answers.


Well first of all, it is your flesh that is fighting you, not God closing this door. Your desire to play is God. He wants you to be happy and to be doing something that you obviously have a desire to do. You have taken the first step in knowing that you are out of shape and need to work on it. Go and talk to the Defense Coach and let him know how much you want to play and your desire to be a part of this team. He just might take you under his wing and help you achieve this goal. If you become the player you want to be, not only will it be an awesome thing, it will benefit the team. God will give you the strength to overcome. He wants you to be an over-comer and achiever of great things. Whenever we have fear, uncertainty, or self-esteem issues, it is the work of the enemy. You take this challenge and ride it to victory. I will pray for you and will give you this scripture--- Joshua 1:9


God Bless!
I was an overweight teen Christian who played football. It was hard. The running just about killed me but I am glad that I played. If that is what you really want you can do it. Most of my friends who played football were not CHristians so spending time with them helped me to be a witness. There was a time when I didn't think I was having any influence but one night before a big game I was really nervous so I got down and started praying on my own in the locker room. When I finished and go up there were guys all around me praying too.
First of all, meet with the HS coach and tell him what your abilities are. Maybe he'll allow some leeway. Still, you need to lose some weight to be a DL and get into shape. If the practice nearly killed you, then that's what it's going to be like for EVERY practice and EVERY game. If the coach doesn't feel you are the kind to play football, he will let you know. Don't try to exhaust yourself.





God sometimes closes doors but opens windows. Maybe you may not be cut out for football but maybe you might be cut out for something else. Have you tried HS wrestling?





If you felt exhausted after a practice, then it's probably God telling you that you may not be able to go through a football program.





Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
God has a will and a plan for all of us. But then, he gave us our own free will to make choices. We have to decide if we want to try things our own way or follow God's PERFECT and unfailing will for our lives. I pray everyday and tell God that I only want his will for my life. I surrender all to Him because I fully love and trust Him with all my heart.


I am a Sunday school teacher at my church. I also attend a Baptist church like you. I just taught my third grade Sunday school class that God provides all our needs and also our wants if our wants are in line with Gods will. God LOVES to give us blessings. He is the ultimate parent. And all parents delight in giving their children gifts. It could be that you have the desire to play from God and he can use you through playing to reach others. Or God may for see that if you play football you could be seriously injured in the future. I suggest you ask God! Tell God you only want his will for you life because that is a life filled with joy, He will never steer you wrong! Ask God if you playing football is in his will. Tell him your desire and struggles with it and place it in his hands. And ask that if it is not in his will for you (for your own good and well being) to take the desire away. Ask Him to show you and guide you. And then listen!


I will be praying for you!!!
I really don't think that God doesn't want you to play football. I believe that it is more of a challenge and remember that anything is possible in this world, you just have to be extremely determined to it. Start by thinking positively and not negatively. You are doing good by praying and having faith in God, and even though it might seem that he isn't helping, he is always doing everything for a reason. Also, like the other person said, start by practicing, nothing will come to you right away, you have to work for it. start small, don't set huge unrealistic goals (and i don't mean you playing football is unrealistic, i mean being perfectly fit by the next week). Keep on persevering and good luck, hope you make it.
god will not help you at football. i am a christian and think it is stupid that god would help you when you dont need it and you could do it yourself.it seems to me that you are putting so much faith that god will help you do this that you wont try it yourself.listen, i play football and god is not going to make you better the coaches will.
satan, really likes to complicate things and steal our peace as he is doing here.You, somewhere along the way have come to believe that if God wants you to do something everything will go well, and you will succeed in all you do.Not everyone that sits on the bench is out of God's will.Your not really lacking faith as much as you lack ability.And the problems your facing are very common.It all comes down to how bad you want to play.God would want you to do your best but that doesn't mean you will be the best.If you like football play the best that you can,but I assure you God is more interested in you being a good sport,encouraging the other players,and just learning to work as a team.Paul and Barnabas had a falling out over a young missionary named John Mark,they to needed to learn team work. They ended up splitting up and going different ways.Later they found themselves working together again but it did take sometime and I am sure they both learned a little something.We all seem to have problems learning to work together.It starts when we are children and follows us right on up to the leadership in the church.You as well as everyone else doesn't know what God has in store for us.For all you know He might be teaching you to get in shape spiritually.By denying the flesh and doing what you would like to do might just get you started on that road.The team work you learn while playing football could be applied to a position of leadership in the church.It's not always as easy as one might think keeping a church together in love.God Bless you !
Dear True Christian. Hold onto your dreams. God doesnt want you to give up on your dreams, as long as they dont oppose what He has in store for you. But, use your faith to make you get determined and stay determined. Dont give up, thats the devils desire for us on anything good. Use your faith to help you get focused on how to get in shape and stay there. to cut back and eat as healthy as you can, yet be on a plan you can follow, and do enough exercise to get you in shape. You dont have to run 5 miles a day. Thats a myth, and keeps many from exercising. Just add a little more movement to your life every day and get to where you are doing what you can to exercise and stay in shape. GO it slowly, one day at a time with God. Claim victory over this in Jesus and it will come. Stay close to God, and He will bring you victory in all things. Blessings come from obedience, and curse from disobedience. God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of hope. Our hope is in Jesus. Did He give up? No even on the cross, he was requesting pray for those who crucified Him. Be of this strong hope and courge. stay focused and be all you can be for God. I will pray for you..
  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment