Friday, January 8, 2010

Advice for finding teen job?

Hi there! My name is Yobo and I currently reside in Calgary, Alberta. The economy seems to be pretty bad right now, and I find it really hard to find a job. My age is 15, and I am looking for ANY type of job that will let me earn some cash. I tried going to many stores, but it seems all of them are not for hire. Then I tried sending resumes, or following up with a phone call a day afterward, especially to the manager him/herself, and it still seems to not be working. Can someone give me some advice? I will work hard and not give upAdvice for finding teen job?
It is difficult to find work all around but don't give up. You have the right attitude. Unfortunately you are at the age where most businesses probably can't hire you. But think outside the box and expect to have to work hard and do the jobs most people don't want to do or have time to do. I read about a teen who offered to wash windows at local businesses. He asked what they were currently paying, then made an offer for less. The equipment would be fairly reasonable to get started. Bucket, squeegee, rags and probably a ladder. Have you tried Craigslist to look for help wanted posts? How about yard work, small painting projects, pet care like dog walking or pet sitting. If you are good in a certain subject, maybe you could tutor.





Do some research online for ideas. I posted a link that offers a lot of advice and ideas. Consider volunteering as a means of gaining experience as well. Employers like to see that on an application and odds are it will give you the edge you need to get a job over another person.








Good luck!Advice for finding teen job?
You're 15 years old and with the economy the way it is, businesses most likely won't hire you. In a few more years you will find it to be easier. In the meantime you can go to my website at http://www.getmoneyforfree.net for information on how you can earn some money for free online at home. This won't get you rich but it will put some extra money into your pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment